Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shop the "Vintage" Closet


So today, I went shopping with my mom...in her closet.
Originally I was just looking for a simple black blazer for work that I've been on the outlook for, for a while. But once the boxes opened of clothes untouched for agesss....I couldn't believe how much awesome stuff she had! (geez mom- I never knew you had such awesome taste in fashion)

Blouses, trousers, blazers, skirts, dresses- you name it- I LOVED IT. Usually when I go shopping with my mom, the convo goes something like this:
Mom: How about this
Me: (shifted glance) eh.
Mom: Or this?
Me: Nah
Mom: This looks good!
Me: I don't think I'd wear it that much

But today as I uncovered one piece at a time, I was surprised!
By the end, I had literally just transformed my mom's old wardrobe to my own new one.
VINTAGE really is the new black. Or rather- vintage IS the new.
This experience truly showed me that classic vintage really is timeless. I could see most of the stuff I took in the next j crew catalogue.
A lot of the same reoccuring fashion themes for instance- florals, plaid, loose flowly blouses, etc...

Photo creds [to my awesome sister Kim] who said I didn't take direction well as her model...I'm still working on my angles.

More photos to come in this "Shop the Vintage Closet" series!




No comments:

Post a Comment